Tuesday, December 26, 2017

2020 Vision will return on Tuesday, January 2nd,  2018.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy excerpts from past publications:


Hill Climbing (from AArdvarks)
Later that night my daughter was sitting next to me, reading a book for school. I had my laptop open.
"Whatcha doing?" she asked.
"Writing," I said.
"Writing is when you tap the keys and words appear," she said.  "What you're doing is staring at the screen." 
"Sometimes writing is all uphill.  I can't find a topic and I can't make the characters speak."
"So why do you write when it's uphill?  Why don't you wait until it's easier?"
"Because when I finally write something, it's like getting to the top of the hill.  My mind opens up and the writing gets easier.  Topics appear and the characters speak to me.  It's like running downhill when you're feet can't move fast enough to keep up with your body.  I can't type fast enough to get the words on the page. I think a lot of life is like that.  If you climb the hill you get to coast a little until the next one."
"Well Daddy, stop staring and start climbing that hill!  Why don't you write something about me?"
"I think I will, kid."

Today I will climb the mountain, knowing I may get to enjoy a downhill run.

AArdvarks ©2013  by Ken Montrose

AArdvarks  is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment