Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday, February 16th, 2020

Not to Worry
Jill called to see if I could give Jack a ride to an NA meeting. She asked if he’d really gone to AA on Saturday. 

Like me, Jill had a vivid imagination that leaned to the dark side. Years of teaching grade school had convinced her disaster lurked around every corner.  

“I worry that Captain Codeine is home burning his lunch, trying to decide which cough syrup, red or purple,  goes with red meat,” Jill said. “He’ll probably set the house on fire.”

“Red,” I said.  “Purple goes with fish.”

She chuckled, but let out a sad sigh.  “I picture KC and his pregnant girlfriend living in a New York bus station, fighting rats for the leftovers he’ll bring ‘home’ from his job bussing tables in one of the Big Apple’s finest soup kitchens.”

“I think you’re getting a little ahead of things,” I said.

“I know. But they’re worrying me to death.” She sounded like she might cry. 

Today I will give loved ones less to worry about.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment