Monday, December 18, 2017

Saturday, February 22nd, 2020

What I Meant to Say …
Before I left for the AA meeting, Luke called to see what I thought of his book. I meant to say ‘Your book shines a light on the workings of a deeply disturbed mind. Confederate veterans sank the Titanic? Burn all copies, scatter the ashes, and never speak of this again.’  What came out of my mouth was, “I thought it was an interesting theory.”

“You did?” he said. “Thanks! It means a lot to me. I can’t wait to see the revisions you made. Check the Acknowledgements page when it gets published, your name will be on top.”

And there was my punishment for lying, by what I didn’t say rather than what I did say.  I could see Luke’s acknowledgment in my mind:  “The author would like to thank Ken Montrose, who spent his career helping people with mental illness and addiction find and deal with reality. Without him, this farfetched, paranoid, stroll down conspiracy lane wouldn’t be possible.”

Today I’ll say what needs to be said.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment