Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Saturday, February 22nd, 2020

Awful or Unknown
“What’s up with you?” I asked Rudy.

“Something strange, something bad,” Rudy said. MaryJo punched him.  “Okay, I don’t know it’s bad, but it is strange. My stepbro offered to drop the charges if I let him sell my share of the dealership.”

“That’s it?” I asked. “He sells it, but you keep the money? Doesn’t seem so bad.”

“He’s up to something. Remember what Michael that Viking-looking guy said?”

“He probably IS up to something,” Mary Jo said, “You don’t know what it is, but worst case, he sells your half of the dealership and you walk away clean, money in your pocket.”

“No, he’s going to end up with all my money somehow,” Rudy insisted.

MaryJo rolled her eyes and said, “Rather than seeing a dermatologist, why don’t you just assume that freckle is cancer? Don’t talk to a financial expert, sell all your stocks, and stuff the money under your mattress because the next great depression might be right around the corner.”

“What’s she saying?” Rudy asked me.

“She’s saying you don’t know what’s happening so you’re filling the blanks with something awful.”

Today I won’t substitute the awful for the unknown.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment