Sunday, December 3, 2017

Saturday, February 15th, 2020

At this moment
Rudy and MaryJo were both at the AA meeting. Rudy sat quietly, completely out of character for him.

“What’s up?” I asked Rudy.

He said, “Something. Something strange. Something bad.”

“His brother hasn’t said or done anything since Rudy got arrested,” MaryJo said. “Rudy’s making himself crazy worrying about what he’s planning.” She smacked him in the back of head with a bony hand.

“You don’t understand,” Rudy answered. “My stepbrother never misses a chance to rub my nose in it. I should have gotten a ton of phone calls and texts telling me how he was gonna drag me through court, take all my money, and send me to jail. He’s up to something, something bad.”

“Or,” MaryJo said, “He’s got a reason not come after you. Did you ever think of that?”

Rudy shook his head, too beaten down to hold onto that much hope.

“You don’t know what he’s up to,” I said. “You do know you’re OK right now, in this moment. Drink your coffee, eat your donut, and to hell with your stepbrother.”

Rudy shrugged. It was the best he could do. 

Jack stumbled in.

Today I will live in the moment.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment