Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Saturday, February 15th, 2020

By Comparison
Michael gave Rudy a long look as he shook his hand after the meeting.

“I know your brother,” Michael said. “I knew your dad.”

“Stepbrother,” Rudy corrected him.

“What you did was #@%@ing stupid, but I got some advice for you. Hire a forensic accountant.  Somebody to go over the books.” Michael paused and looked around. “Can’t say more, but working the ambulance crew you get to know some cops.  They have a really low opinion of your jackass stepbro.”

After Michael left, Rudy said, “I hate my stepbrother, but I always thought he was a pillar of the community. Never thought I could step out of his shadow.    Now I wonder what Michael was talking about.”

“I don’t know,” I said. “I do know you should stop comparing yourself to your stepbrother, especially since you don’t know who he really is. They say you should only compare yourself to who you want to be.”

Today I will compare myself with who I want to be.   

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment