Thursday, December 21, 2017

Sunday, February 23rd, 2020

Replacement
Out of the blue, MaryJo said, “Hey, you drink coffee like a fiend, but you never eat donuts.”

“About three years ago my sugar levels were elevated,” I said. “Diabetes runs in my family so I cut out sweets, and cut back on carbs.”

“That sucks,” Rudy said, “You quit drinking, and then you had to give up cookies and cake.”

“Not really,” I said. “I learned early on you don’t give things up, you replace them. I replaced drinking with family, work, and the gym. I replaced sweets with spicy food. Both have made a lot healthier.”

Today I won’t give up, I will replace.

2020 Vision ©2017 by Ken Montrose

2020 Vision is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment