Monday, May 6, 2019


Balancing Act
At the end of the training I gathered up the evaluations. Most were positive with a few suggestions for improvement. One person was completely unsatisfied with the training and didn’t think the material was presented clearly.  On a scale of one to five she rated the likelihood of attending another one of my trainings as “ZERO!!!”.

I knew not to take her evaluation personally, but it still didn’t add any sunshine to my day. ‘Time to bring the negative and the positive in my life back into balance,’ I thought.

I texted a heart emoji to Dr. Deb.  She texted back ‘Love you so much! Don’t forget to take the dog to the groomer.’ At least one of them would be happy with me at the end of the day.

“Love you, son,” I said to Brat Boy when he answered his phone. “That’s why I’m giving you two weeks after graduation to find a place to live.”

“Dad, Dad, Dad,” Brat Boy said. “Someday I’ll decide where you live. Because I love you, and know you like saving money, I’ll try to find the cheapest housing possible. I heard there’s a place in Europe where old people sign up for medical experiments in exchange for food.  It’s free. ” We laughed. Brat Boy and I shared the same morbid sense of humor.

I texted Blondie a heart emoji. She texted me back a string of hearts. I smiled. She’d always be my little girl.

Today I will try balance the negative with the positive.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment