Tuesday, May 28, 2019


I’d Rather Laugh About It
The Youngstown Kid finished his story fifteen minutes after the meeting was supposed to end. I forced myself to get in line to shake his hand and thank him for sharing.

When it was my turn he looked at my gray hair and said, “Bet that was the best lead you heard in a while old-timer.”

I smiled at him, mulling over my answer. It occurred to me that my arms were much longer than his. He was wearing a tie. I could grab his tie with one arm and smack the smug out of him with the other.

I had been a therapist for many years and decided smack therapy might not be the best clinical approach.  Besides, going to jail would set a bad example for my kids.
“It was the best lead I heard tonight,” I said, not wanting to argue with him. He’d shared his story, and deserved a pass from criticism.

“Thought so!” he said.  I laughed. He laughed, apparently not catching the sarcasm. Trevor, who was standing in line behind me laughed.  

Today I’ll laugh rather than argue.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment