Wednesday, May 15, 2019


Consider the Source
Sam turned to Billie and said, “While we’re talking about old sayings, here’s one more: ‘consider the source.’”

“Doesn’t that mean consider why someone is being negative?” Trevor asked.  “Usually people talking trash have their own issues.”

“Usually, but in this case it means Billie should consider all the people telling her they like the new guy,” Sam said. “Consider the source, Billie. The people telling you to give the new guy a chance love you and want what’s best for you.”

“I know,” Billie said, “But still…”

I thought Sam made a good point. Many times in my life I hadn’t considered the source. Instead, I’d ignored good advice out of anger or frustration. Other times I’d heard only what I wanted to hear.  The times I’d listened to people with my best interests at heart, things had turned out well.

Today I will consider the source.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment