Wednesday, May 29, 2019


Moving On
“My wife and I talked about the divorce,” Roger told me as we walked to the parking lot.

His first marriage had ended with the two of them riding off in different directions, he in an ambulance, and she in the back of a police car.  Although he’d spent time in and out of jails and prisons, the only person to shank him in the shower had been his first wife.

“How’d it go?” I asked, not sure I wanted to hear the answer.

“It was sad, but hopeful.”

“Hopeful?” I asked, wondering if he meant they were going to work things out. He didn’t.

“I’m hopeful we’re both ready to move on to a better life.  It’s easier to walk away if you don’t drag all the pain and resentment with you. We had some good times.  We laughed about some things.  We let go of the rest of it.”

Today I will remember moving on is easier if you don’t drag the past along with you.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment