Friday, May 17, 2019


Worse Becomes Worst
As we were all leaving I pulled Cara and her husband aside.  “If you guys want to see someone for counseling, I can get you a few names,” I said, feeling awkward.

Cara laughed and pulled her husband closer. “We’re just fine now, thank you very much!” Cara said, laughing. He nodded in agreement.

Sticking my nose in even further where it didn’t belong, I said, “Cara, you blew up his car.”
“It shows she’s passionate about our marriage,” Cara’s husband said.  “Besides, it’s not like I was in the car.  There are worse things wives have done to their husbands.”

“So, until one of you does the worst possible thing imaginable, you’re going to pretend the whole blowing up the parking lot thing didn’t happen?”

They looked at each other, shrugged in unison, and laughed.  I shook my head and remembered my mother telling me not to wait until ‘worse becomes worst.’

Today I won’t wait for worse to become worst.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment