Thursday, May 9, 2019

Sorry for the days I didn't post my blog. Our internet service was down for two days.


If I Have To
Later that day I got a text from Sue, ‘I can’t do this.’

‘Do what?’ I texted back,

‘This whole baby/motherhood thing. Cannot.’

‘You’re due any day now. You’re already doing it. Can.’

Sue sent me a sigh emoji. She listed all her failures. ‘Couldn’t do those things, cannot do this.’

‘Didn’t you get sober when you got pregnant, when you had to?’ I asked.

‘I guess I’ll have to’ Sue wrote back, attaching two sigh emojis.

Today I might not know what I can do until I have to do it.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment