Friday, February 7, 2020

Better Late than Never
Shane laughed and slid a dollar across the table to Co.

“What’s this for?” Co asked.

“Somebody dared me to steal an ice cream sandwich,” Shane said. “I did, but I felt horrible.”

“Because you stole from people you admired?” I asked.

Shane said, “Well that, and the only place I could hide it was in my sweatpants. Some little girl in line in front of me was counting out nickels on the counter to pay for her candy. Took forever!”

Co and I both smiled. She said, “You were in grade school when you used to come into the store. Guess it’s never too late to make amends.”

Today I’ll remember it’s never too late to make amends.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment