Monday, February 17, 2020


Exit Signs
How was it?” My wife, Dr. Deb asked when I got home.

“Not bad,” I said. “Had lunch with two people from the jury.”

“I meant the trial.”

“Sad.”

“How so?” she asked.

 “One attorney said once events were set in motion the whole thing was fate.  He wanted you to picture a road with just one exit.” I shook my head.  “There were many times they could have gotten off that highway.” 

“So why didn’t they?” Dr. Deb asked.

“One guy made a habit of traveling that road. The other was young and didn’t recognize the danger. Both were going too fast to notice the warning signs.”

I added, “That’s why AA tells you to take a daily inventory. It helps you see if you need to slow down and get off the road you’re on.”

Today I will slow down and consider a different route.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose
Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment