Friday, February 28, 2020


Alive and Well
In the afternoon session ADA Bartles presented her second fact – Deiter had been drinking underage.  She brought in an expert to explain how alcohol slowed a driver’s reaction time.  She argued that had he not been drinking he might have avoided the accident completely.

When I was in high school almost everyone I knew drank underage, at least a little.  A lot of us drove drunk on a regular basis.  If we weren’t drinking and driving we were riding with someone who was.  Looking back, I can’t believe how lucky we were to have survived.

“Good to be alive,” I said at the end of the day, walking in the sunshine to my car.

Today I’ll be grateful I’m alive.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment