Wednesday, February 26, 2020

We Need More Ferrets
“Free ferrets?” Co asked. “Those little weasel things?” She shook her head. “Cute faces, but wouldn’t have them running around my house.”

I said, “I used to have one. They’re hilarious, but I bet people would rather get a bonus.”

“They raise them in one brother’s basement,” Shane explained.  “It’s one of the few things they do together.”

Co shook her head again. “Not in my house. They look sneaky, like they’re up to something bad.”
Shane laughed. “The brothers sell the ferrets and donate the money to animal shelters. It brings them together and does a little good.”

“Whatever works,” I said, grateful for the things that connect rather than divide good people. 

Today I’ll be grateful for whatever connects good people.


Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment