Tuesday, February 18, 2020


Daily Inventory
“You still take a daily inventory, don’t you?” Dr. Deb asked.

“I do,” I said. “Most of the time it’s pretty routine.  I review the day, asking myself what I got for my time. I make a list of things I need to work on, and things I’m grateful for.

 “Most days it’s just something I do. Other times I really think. Am I any closer to a drink today than I was yesterday?  I’m almost 60, what do I want to do with the rest of my life?  Am I setting a good example for my children? If I never said another word, would you still know I loved you?”

Dr. Deb hugged me. “I’d know.”

“Then I’d count that day as a success.”

Today I’ll take an inventory.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment