Thursday, February 6, 2020

Help Someone Help Someone
“That’s how you know her husband,” I said to Shane, “but how do you know Co?”

Co answered. “When Roose feeds Deckman, I watch the coffee shop.” She stared at Shane until she recognized him. “You used to come into the shop after school. Giant bag of Doritos and two liter Mountain Dew, every day. Boy, how are you not 300 lbs. and toothless?”

Shane said. “Good genes. Even as a kid, I liked how you helped your husband help Deckman.  Now I work an extra shift once a month and give the money to charity.  Feels good to help someone help someone.”

Today I will help someone help someone.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment