Thursday, February 13, 2020


Veterans, Japanese Schools, Triathlons, & Colonoscopies
I stopped at the gym on my way home from the trial. After a short workout, I sat in the sauna collecting my thoughts.

I loved the sauna, especially the interesting discussions I sometimes heard there. Two veterans talking about where they’d served.  A Japanese engineer describing the difference between American and Japanese schools.  A woman describing her preparation for triathlons.

That day a hairy guy of about sixty sat next to me. “Can’t believe I can still sit after that colonoscopy,” he said. I tried to show no sign I was listening.

“You ever had a colonoscopy?” he asked. Instead of waiting for my answer, he described his procedure in detail.

‘Why me?’ I thought. I answered my own question, ‘Because you have to take the good with the bad, the interesting discussions with the epic tales of bowel cleansing.’

Today I will take the good with the bad.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment