Monday, March 2, 2020


Surprise!
As I walked through my front door, I saw my son Brat Boy was home from college. I tousled his hair.

“You didn’t pay for that haircut, did you?” I asked.

“No, you did,” he said. Touché.

“Why are you home on a weekday?” I asked. He told me he had a little break in his studies and wanted to surprise his girlfriend CharChar.

‘We have no control over life’s nasty surprises,’ I thought, ‘ but we can always choose to be someone’s pleasant surprise.

Today I’ll be someone’s pleasant surprise.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment