Friday, March 6, 2020


Why So Serious?
The next morning we sat in the jury room while the judge and the attorneys ironed out a legal issue.  Some of my fellow jurors stared at their phones, getting in the last minute of screen time before they had to surrender them. A few joked around in the corner.  A man too young to be so cranky let them know the trial was serious business.

Co rolled her eyes. I just shook my head. I’d seen his type before.  They puffed themselves up, trying to be in charge, when they really needed to relax.  Life was hard enough without draining the humor from it.  

Today I’ll be only as serious as I need to be.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment