Friday, March 20, 2020


Take a Break
The prosecution rested their case a day later, just before lunch.  The judge dismissed us for the day.  I assumed he gave us the afternoon off  so the two sides could iron out procedural issues in his chambers. Instead, he said, “We all need a break.”

It had been a difficult trial. People were worried about the virus, the economy, and their future.  Listening to the details of the crash hadn’t lightened anyone’s mood.
 
I remembered something I’d heard at a conference on work addiction. People who refuse to take a break tend to break first.

Today I will give myself a break.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment