Tuesday, March 31, 2020


Good Times
Route 19 was nearly empty as I drove home.  It reminded me of my home town when I was a kid. All the stores except one pharmacy closed on Sundays.  You could ride your bike up the middle of Main Street, and unless your mother found out, feel perfectly safe. 

To be sure I had some painful memories. But even after all my drinking, I had many good memories. I’d met more than a few late stage alcoholics with big gaps in their memory the filled in with confabulation, no longer sure what really happened.

Today I’ll be grateful for good memories.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment