Wednesday, March 25, 2020


Shoulding
Before I went to sleep, I checked my messages from work. No good news there. People were cancelling training dates left and right.

Face-to-face trainings were my bread and butter and occupied the majority of my time.  Even trainings I’d done many times required prep work and follow-up. Most years I offered 100 to 150 trainings.  I wrote a blog, did urine drug screens, and corrected stacks of home-study tests. It didn’t leave much time for much else.

And yet, I started shoulding on myself immediately. I should have developed new courses.  I should have scheduled all my trainings for the fall.    I should have done more promoting. I should have focused more on our publications.

“Time to stop shoulding,” I finally said to myself. “Time to retreat, rethink, and then react.”

Today I will stop shoulding on myself.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment