Friday, March 27, 2020


Practice
That night I went to bed early.  When I got up the world was much as it had been the day before. I was just better able to deal with it.

“It’s all about how you practice,” I said to the dog.  She yawned. “Prayer, meditation, sober hedonism, diet, exercise, all those things are like practice drills. Life’s game doesn’t change but the things you practice make you better able to play it.

The dog wagged her tail. Clearly she liked what I was saying. “Doesn’t matter how you’ve played in the past. Matters how you practice and play now.”

When I got to my office, I pulled up a poster I’d made for our clients. It read “The Past Will Never Get Better, But You Will.” I added a line to that AA Slogan: “If You Practice.”

Today I will practice.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment