Wednesday, March 11, 2020


Could be Worse
While we were at lunch I texted Ms. Rella at work. She told me things were piling up on my desk. I cursed under my breath.  Shane’s phone buzzed.

“No, you’re right, that’s just mean,” he said a few minutes after saying ‘hello.’

Another pause, Shane said, “I don’t know if I’d call that ‘evil.’  He held the phone away from his ear. We could hear the caller yelling at him.

Shane listened, and then said, “Oh c’mon, terrorists?” Again, he held the phone away.

“Who was that I asked?” after Shane said goodbye.

“My girlfriend.”

“Is she in law enforcement?” Co asked. I guessed she might be a corrections officer.

“She teaches second grade,” Shane said.  Suddenly my paperwork didn’t seem so bad.

Today I’ll remember it could be worse….

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment