Monday, March 9, 2020


Bad Habits
Co had brought a box of pastries from her husband’s coffee shop.

“I’m trying to cut back on donuts,” I said when Co asked if I wanted one.  I said ‘donuts’, but meant to say ‘sugar.’ Diabetes ran in my family.  I was struggling once again to limit my intake of a substance I was sure fell from the wings of angels.

“They’re not donuts, they’re pastries,” Co said.  I stared at the icing, sprinkles, chocolate chips, and powdered sugar. 

‘She’s got a point,’ that inner voice that justified all bad habits said.

“One can’t hurt,” I said, knowing, for the duration of the trial, I would devour whatever donuts/pastries Co brought.

Today I’ll beware of how easily bad habits take hold.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment