Tuesday, March 17, 2020

This Too Shall Pass
The phone rang. Caller ID read ‘Butler County.’ Now what, I wondered.

The trial was being postponed because of the corona virus. The plan was to move the trial to a lecture hall at the community college to allow for social distancing.

I’d given Shane my cellphone number. He called to see what I thought of the situation. He seemed worried about more than the trial.

“I got badly burned when I was a kid,” I told him. “I spent three months in the hospital. Whenever I have to face something bad, I remind myself that I got through it. Whatever happens, someday, probably sooner than I think, I’ll be looking back on it. This too shall pass.”

“This too shall pass,” Shane repeated. “Hope you’re right.”

Today I’ll remember this too shall pass. 

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment