Tuesday, March 24, 2020


The Company We Keep
After dinner, I went upstairs to read a little before I went to sleep. Dr. Deb joined me. At one point she noticed me smiling and asked what I was thinking.

“You’re good company,” I said. “I’m grateful for that.”

Dr. Deb laughed and said, “I’m falling asleep, I won’t be keeping you company for long.”

“That’s when I like being with you the most,” I joked. “When you’re sound asleep.”

Dr. Deb gave me a much deserved elbow to the ribs. I started a mental list of all the people whose company I enjoyed.

Today I’ll be grateful for good company.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment