Monday, March 23, 2020


Isolated and Connected
When I got home Brat Boy was online.  I looked over his shoulder to see a split screen with a professor in the corner explaining complex physics equations that magically formed and changed.  Discussion from the class appeared along the bottom.

Brat Boy turned and smiled. “I love this class,” he said. I knew he meant the material and his classmates.

I texted Blondie.  She was texting someone else, monitoring a class on her laptop, and watching Netflix with her roommate Stefania. 

Dr. Deb was on a conference call with colleagues from across the country, discussing the mental health system’s response to the coronavirus.

“We may be isolated, but we are connected,” I said to the dog.

Today I will be grateful for connectedness.

Jury Duty © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Jury Duty is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment