Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Decisions, Decisions

I got to work late the next day. As I walked into the staff meeting, I noticed everybody but Abigail looked angry.


“What’s going on?” I asked, thinking it probably involved the merger. I was wrong.


Abigail said, “I’ve decided not to get chemo.”


Randy, Katy, and Dana immediately started arguing with her, all of them, all at once.

 

Abigail looked at me. I said, “I wish you would get chemo, but it’s clearly your decision to make.”


Nobody but Abigail liked my answer, and the discussion got even louder.


“You can make yourself crazy not accepting how powerless you are over other people’s decisions,” I muttered.

 

Today I’ll accept people make their own decisions.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment