Friday, July 8, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Green Hair

Epiphany’s phone buzzed. She made a face like she’d just stepped in something while barefoot. She tapped the phone a few times and looked up at me.


“Drunken mistake,” she said. “Blocked him.”


I said, “Don’t you wish there was an app on your phone to block all your past mistakes?”


Epiphany scrolled through her phone to show me a picture of a drunk woman with pink, green, and orange hair. She wore a dress leaving little to the imagination.


“They sent me home from the prom, with good reason. Wish I could block that night from my memory.”


I told her about the time I’d decided I wanted a water fountain in my dorm room.


I thought I had been lucky. None of my past mistakes haunted me. I knew many people who weren’t so fortunate.


 

Today I’ll be grateful for past mistakes that don’t haunt me.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S


 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment