Thursday, July 14, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Kites and Cancer

“Would you say I’ve mellowed?” Abigail asked me as we ate lunch in my office, something we’d never done before.


I said, “From the time we met? Quite a bit.”


“But you still thought I had a long way to go?”


I nodded reluctantly, not wanting to hurt her feelings.


“Before I knew I had cancer, I felt like I had set the change in motion, even though breaking from my crazy aunt’s influence was a grind.”


“Setting change in motion is like flying a kite,” I said. “You have to run with it, until you catch the wind.”


“Once you catch the wind, things get easier.”


“But you gotta set good things in motion first,” I agreed. “You gotta run with it.”


 

Today I’ll set something good in motion.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
 

No comments:

Post a Comment