Friday, July 15, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

A Moment

“How bad is it?” I asked Abigail.


“Bad enough,” she said. “With chemo, radiation, and surgery, I’d have about a 15% chance of surviving two years.”


I winced.


To my surprise, Abigail smiled.


“It’s not so bad. At this very moment, I’m not in any pain, my vision is clear, I can eat solid food.”


She took a sip of tea and added, “Oh, and I have bladder AND bowel control. I do, at least for this very moment.”


The way she said it made me smile.


“At this very moment,” I muttered, thinking I’d save myself a lot of worry and sadness by focusing on the moment.

 

Today I will live in the moment.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible
 

No comments:

Post a Comment