Thursday, July 21, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Time Takes Time

I was surprised The Preacher had thought I could sway a judge.


Did he imagine his case would be dismissed based on a letter from someone the judge had never heard of, whose opinion had no bearing on the matter?


“The Preacher’s one of those people who expect problems years in the making to be solved in an instant,” I said to the cat. “With very little effort.”


He purred in agreement.


“Time Takes Time,” I said, quoting a slogan I had hated when I first got sober. “And you gotta put in the work.”  


I thought of examples.


A gift didn’t always buy true forgiveness, it just blunted anger. Careers weren’t restored just by going to rehab. Losing weight took time and effort.


As I stroked the cat, I thought of my own experience. “Getting comfortable in my own skin without alcohol was a process, not an event.”

 

Today I’ll remember Time Takes Time, and effort.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible 

No comments:

Post a Comment