Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Acceptance, Radioactive Alligators, and the Bogey Basher

Later that week I sat next to Talmadge at an AA meeting.


“You really moving?” I asked, knowing the answer.


“In a month,” he said.  “I signed the paperwork two days ago.”


“So, we have a month to change your mind.”


Talmadge laughed. “I put down my non-refundable deposit. You won’t change my mind.”


I spun tales about radioactive alligators, mosquitoes the size of tennis balls, and the Bogey Basher, a serial killer who hid in sand traps. Talmadge just laughed more.


“Gonna miss you,” I said finally, trying to accept what I could not change with as much grace as I could muster.

 

Today I’ll try to accept the things I cannot change with as much grace as I can muster.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment