Thursday, July 28, 2022

Fawlty Towers 2

 Dumb Idea for a Gratitude List

Brat Boy was doing laundry.  I asked him how his internship was going. The company he worked for built electronic components for hydro-electric dams.

“Nothing my team built failed to start, shorted out, caught fire, shocked anyone, or flooded a town today,” he said with a smile.

“You could really flood a town?” I asked.

“That’s the reason one of our competitors will never work in Chile again.”

I had done some dumb things in my day, but I’d never flooded an entire town.

“You’ve given me an idea for another gratitude list,” I said. “All the dumb things I didn’t do.”

“How about the dumb things you almost did?”

“Top of the list,” I answered.

 

Today I’ll be grateful for all the dumb things I didn’t do.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment