Thursday, September 4, 2014

FridaySeptember 5, 2014



Life on Life's Terms

Even Steven
      After dinner, I opened my laptop to answer my mail.  There was an email from an older woman who attended my trainings and read my daily blog.  She said she liked the way I changed fonts and added spaces and lines to my messages.  'It gives your writing a poetic feel,' she wrote.
     I didn't have the heart to tell her the abrupt changes were my computer's idea, the result of formatting errors.  I sent her a 'thank you' instead.  It occurred to me that some days I got praise I didn't really earn, and some days I got criticism I didn't really deserve. 

Today I will accept many things even out in the end.
Life on Life's Terms (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose

Freebie

This week's freebie is the Kindle version of My Favorite Character Defects: The second workbook written by your Addiction.  It is available at  http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S.

Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/6941405-maintenance.

Upcoming  Trainings

When Even the Voices Are Hungover
September 10, 2014 at Kerr Presbyterian Church in Verona
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
$50 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This five hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • Nurses by the PSNA #101-1-O-14
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.

To register, please visit our website greenbriartraining.com or send an email to: kmontrose@greenbriar.net.

Smart Bears, Angry Rats 

Glass Houses
I was watching TV later that night when my son plopped down beside me. 
"It's a school night. Aren't you supposed to be reading?" I asked.
"It's a work night," he pointed out.  "Aren't you supposed to be writing?"


Today I will make sure I’m doing what I'm supposed to,
before I question what someone else is doing.

Smart Bears, Angry Rats (c) 2013 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment