Sunday, September 14, 2014

Monday
September 15, 2014


Life on Life's Terms

Twofer
There was a pause in the conversation, then my wife asked me, "What did you like best about our wedding?"
"The shrimp was really tasty. I liked the cookies too."  She flicked my ear.
"Other than the food, what do you remember?"
"I remember you walking down the aisle. You were stunning.  Then I noticed the happy looks on my parents' faces.   They were thrilled.  I think they truly felt like they were getting another daughter."
"Ahh, they loved me and I loved them."
"My mom loved you.  My dad loved your spaghetti sauce.  He was happy we were adding a good Italian cook."  She tried to flick me again, but I ducked.  From a safe distance I added, "What a twofer – what made me so happy, made them so happy as well."


Today I will be grateful for happiness twofers.

Life on Life's Terms (c) 2013 by Ken Montrose



Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7001251-make-the-best-of-it.


Upcoming  Trainings

MISA Assessment
September 17, 2014 at Kerr Presbyterian Church in Verona
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
$50 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This five hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • Nurses by the PSNA #101-1-O-14
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.

To register, please visit our website greenbriartraining.com or send an email to: kmontrose@greenbriar.net


Smart Bears, Angry Rats 

Reset button      150 Years later                
Sonya walked outside, muttering to herself about Jeremiah and his lack of insight.  She turned her face to the sun, feeling the warmth seep into her bones.  Much of her anger melted away. She smiled at her neighbor who was admiring the newly finished mural.
"Reset!" Sonya said.  Her neighbor smiled.  When Sonya was upset, nothing cheered her up like a sunny day.  She called it 'hitting the reset button.'  Her neighbor's reset button was painting. 
"Reset," her neighbor echoed with a smile.  "Everyone should have one."
Sonya wondered if Jeremiah had a reset button, would he constantly try to drown his sorrows. 


If today doesn't go well, I will be grateful I have a reset button.

Smart Bears, Angry Rats (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment