Sunday, September 28, 2014

Monday
September 29, 2014


Life on Life's Terms

Not as bad as it seems
The Other Ken walked by and said, "Good morning, time for group."  He had missed two days of work with bronchitis.  His rumbling and raspy voice made me think he should have taken off three more days.
"Are you OK?" I asked.  "Do you want me to run group?"
"I'm much better than I sound," he said with a smile.  "Actually, I don't feel that bad."
"You sound terrible."
"You should have heard me when I was really sick," he said, holding the door to group room open for Julie.


Today I will be grateful for things that are better than they look, sound, or seem.
Life on Life's Terms (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose


Upcoming  Trainings

Standing on the Same Step (stages of recovery)
October 1, 2014 at Kerr Presbyterian Church in Verona
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
$50 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This five hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • Nurses by the PSNA #101-1-O-14
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.


To register, please visit our website greenbriartraining.com or send an email to: kmontrose@greenbriar.net


Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7079804-laughing.


Smart Bears, Angry Rats

Epilogue I  
          Olsen and Gretchen had five children, all girls.  They were part of the first generation to face the new virus, though none of them knew it.  Two of the girls were bitten by rats while they were rehabbing an old house for Habitat for Humanity.  A third daughter's husband survived a bear attack while hiking. Olsen, a former intelligence officer, never made the connection between the rat bites, the bear attack, and the difficulty three of his daughters had getting pregnant.


Today I will accept that at times I will miss the obvious.

Smart Bears, Angry Rats (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment