Monday, September 29, 2014

Tuesday
September 30, 2014


Life on Life's Terms

Stretch
          I went to my office and sat down.  My back stiffened after just a minute in my chair.  The night before I had run through my usual workout.  What I hadn't done was the stretching exercises my doctor, chiropractor, and physical therapist had all recommended.
          The pain in my back reminded me of the anger I saw on social media.  People on both sides of any argument tended to go over the same ground again and again, just as I completed the same workout again and again.  Their argument, like my body, might be strengthened by the repetition, but both would become rigid, and not easily adapted to new positions.
          I decided it was time to stretch both my mind and my body.  I went online looking for something a little bit different from what I usually read.


Today I will stretch my mind.

Life on Life's Terms (c) 2014 by Ken Montrose


Upcoming  Trainings

Standing on the Same Step (stages of recovery)
October 1, 2014 at Kerr Presbyterian Church in Verona
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
$50 payable in advance, at the door, or by invoice after the training

This five hour training is accredited for:
  • Addiction Counselors by the Pa. Certification Board
  • Nurses by the PSNA #101-1-O-14
  • Counselors by NAADAC #477 and NBCC #6352
  • EAPs by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission
  • Social Workers by the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.


To register, please visit our website greenbriartraining.com or send an email to: kmontrose@greenbriar.net


Other Blogs

AArdvarks, a daily messages blog about a group of young people in recovery, can be found at: https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/7087053-self-awareness

Smart Bears, Angry Rats

Epilogue II
To everyone's amazement, Ubutu took over the brick factory when his parents retired.  He turned over a multi-billion dollar empire over to a colleague so he could make bricks from clay.  People who knew him well said he never looked happier. 

Today I will remember I may have to let of something good to get something better.


Smart Bears, Angry Rats © 2014 by Ken Montrose

No comments:

Post a Comment