Sunday, August 9, 2015

32. Fun Failures
The next day was Saturday.  Brat Boy asked me if I wanted to build a home forge.  We watched the video online. Didn’t seem too hard.
I tore my thumb open with the drill.  Brat Boy broke the lid to the smelter, cinders flew everywhere setting the grass on fire.  We spilled plaster mix and tracked it into the house. My wife wasn’t amused.  My wife’s hair dryer attached to a long tube extending into the base of the smelter served as the bellows.  When I turned off the dryer, flames shot up the tube, out the back of the hair dryer.  She was even less amused.
The aluminum never turned molten.  We ended up with a lump of half -melted cans.  Brat Boy and I couldn’t stop laughing about everything that went wrong.  I knew we’d be laughing about it through the years.

Today I will remember success can be a fun failure.
  
Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

FREE THIS WEEK (8/10-8/14) at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S
·         Dancing with Rachel (a novella)
·         Heroin, Oxycontin, & Other Opiates: Breaking your addiction to them
·         Home Groupies ( a daily messages novella)
·         Meditations for the First 30 Days: How not to become roadkill on the highway to recovery
·         Staying Clean, Taking Medications

No comments:

Post a Comment