Tuesday, August 18, 2015

39. Bad Habits
When I hung up my phone, I noticed Mick standing outside my door.  She readily admitted she had been eavesdropping on my conversation.
“Who were you talking to?” she asked without a hint of remorse.
“I can’t tell you because of privacy laws,” I said.  “Even if I could, I wouldn’t.  Aren’t you the least bit embarrassed I caught you listening in?”  She wasn’t.  In fact, she was proud of her eavesdropping. 
“Everyone needs a bad habit, and I kinda like that mine’s not so wicked.  What are your bad habits?”
I just shook my head.  She suggested I take up gambling.  I said I really didn’t think everybody needed a bad habit. “In fact,” I said.  “I’ve worked very hard to get rid of some bad habits.”
Today I will work on getting rid of bad habits, wicked or not.

 Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment