Monday, August 10, 2015

33. The Advantage of Dulled Senses
As I walked into work on Monday, the smokers were standing in front of the building arguing about confidence and recovery.  Some were saying you couldn’t change any bad habit without confidence.  Others said confidence led to taking chances and probably relapsing.
I said, “There’s a lot of overlap between recovery and confidence. They both dull the senses.”  The group stared at me. “They make you a little deaf so you don’t hear the doubters.  You become a little blind to past failures, convinced this time you’ll succeed.  Recovery and confidence make you a little insensitive to pain so you don’t wince at every bump in the road.”
Today I will let confidence and recovery dull my senses.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose
(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

FREE THIS WEEK (8/10-8/14) at: http://www.amazon.com/Ken-Montrose/e/B001K8MG0S
·         Dancing with Rachel (a novella)
·         Heroin, Oxycontin, & Other Opiates: Breaking your addiction to them
·         Home Groupies ( a daily messages novella)
·         Meditations for the First 30 Days: How not to become roadkill on the highway to recovery

·         Staying Clean, Taking Medications

No comments:

Post a Comment