Monday, October 5, 2015

72. Strange Love
“I heard you,” my wife said.  I decided to go with my strong suit – I played dumb, staring blankly.  “I heard you explaining to the cat why he should catch moles rather than mice.  Do you really think he understands?”
Maybe telling the cat my rodent preference was a little odd, but given all the times I’d drowned my brain in alcohol, I thought I could have ended up a lot stranger.
“That cat will catch nothing but moles from now on, and you will owe me a huge apology,” I said.
“You are so strange, but I couldn’t love you more,” she said with a smile.  “Why don’t you convince the dog to sleep in on weekends?”

Today I’ll be grateful I’m no stranger than I am.
Today I will be grateful for the people who love me despite my peculiarities.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment