Wednesday, October 21, 2015

84. Wings

"You know what's funny?" Sam asked me.  "My sister Gloria has been clean for eighteen months.  My parents are convinced she's miserable and gonna come to her senses any day now.  By 'come to her senses' they mean start getting high again. I wouldn't be surprised if my mom has a bottle of Xanax set aside for Gloria. They tell Gloria they'll always be there for her.  I don't think they even know they're waiting for her to fall so they can take her back to their sick little nest."

"Vultures and angels both have wings," I said.  "When you're really down it's good idea to look closely at whoever comes to be with you. You don't want to confuse one for the other."

Today I will accept help with a little bit of caution.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose


(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment