Thursday, October 8, 2015

75. It’s Only A Never Until You Do It
“Seventeen weeks,” Mick said. “I never thought I’d get this far without drinking.  Did you know I’m done with treatment tomorrow?  Never thought I’d complete successfully.”
 “You know what you should do today? Write a list of nevers – things you didn’t think you’d ever be able to do that you did.  Start as far back as you can remember. Include things you didn’t think you could do as a kid that you grew into.  Remind yourself you’re capable of more.”
“What nevers would make your list?” Mick asked.
“I didn’t ride a roller coaster until I was in my forties.  We made a trip to Disney and I wasn’t going to let my daughter ride alone. On Space Mountain I thought I was going to hit my head and die.  I rode it twice anyway.”
Today I will write a list of nevers, things I thought I‘d never be able to do, but did.
Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment