Thursday, October 15, 2015

80. Healthy Appetites
The next day Mick, who was changing her name to Ashley, called to let us know she was doing well.  We put her on speaker phone in the counselors' break room.  The Other Ken joked with her, pointing out she had only been gone two days.  Mick was excited.  Her baby was doing well.  
"I'm eating healthy," Mick said.  "Can you believe it? Do you know what I had for lunch? Broccoli, chicken breasts, and brown rice.  I had a ton of each, but that's still healthy, right?" She went on to say she was feeding other healthy appetites. She had joined a book club, gone to church, and was looking a gym memberships.  She told us she felt better than she had in years, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. 
 
Today I will feed my healthy appetites. 

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment