Thursday, October 29, 2015

90. Listen, Friend
The next day I sent an email ad to 2,000 addiction and mental health professionals in western Pennsylvania.  Unfortunately, I was a little rusty on the software. I sent it before I realized I hadn’t changed the template. Instead of my information, they got suggestions on how to write the ad.  The sarcastic little voice in my head said, ‘Look on the bright side, only 70% of your local colleagues got that mess of a message.’
‘That’s harsh,’ I answered the voice.  I asked myself what I might say to a friend who had done the same thing.  I’d say apologize, correct your mistake, and move on. That’s what I did.

Today I will be no harsher with myself than I would be with a good friend.

Writing My New Story © 2015 by Ken Montrose

(Just a reminder: Writing My New Story is a work of fiction.  Any resemblance to anyone you might know is purely coincidental.)

No comments:

Post a Comment